Saturday 29 August 2009

A Few Signs that it’s Nearly Autumn

A week or so ago I was thinking that summer will leave us soon, but at the same time believed that there are still enough days to enjoy the rest of it. Now I’m noticing that everything’s changing quite fast – we get more and more rain, the sky is turning cloudier and I have to push myself hard to get out into the open. No, it’s not cold (yet), but my mood is somehow different – I guess I’m turning into a rodent (not literally!) who wants to prepare its den for the winter.

Since last April I haven’t touched my knitting needles, but now in just three days I’ve managed to make a new jumper! No need to think I’m some “SK” (superknitter) – it’s just a small jumper for my 2 year old godson, but still it’s a garment that will have to keep him WARM.

What do you make of it? I’d say that my biological clock is working well (apart from the fact that I’m 29 and think that I’m FAR too young to have children). Anyway, let’s shout “hurray!” for the knitting season. And here’s one more knitting pattern.

It isn’t difficult and looks good, can you ask for more?

Please use the diagram below.

Hopefully one day I will be able to post some photos of my nephew actually wearing the jumper – it’s hard as he lives 300km away from me; but it seems that my niece likes hers a lot! She couldn’t put it down while spending a week here with us. By the way my nephew is in one of the photos below – he’s the stripy one on the horse.

No comments: