Tuesday 22 February 2011

The Moon

Last night I couldn't believe my eyes - the sky was dark and cloudless and right in the middle of it there was that bright yellow disk. It looked as if someone had just turned a modern lamp on! I swear I've never seen anything like that before (of course it might be just because I don't look up often enough). I knew it was the Moon, but the sight was very different to what we are used to.

I took some photos and was glad to discover that my zoom lens is quite powerful - can you make out the landscape!?

I wasn't into Astronomy until one of my friends showed me the stars through her telescope. I can't describe the feeling once I started to realise how vast the space is. It made me feel very small, lonely and helpless. Suddenly everything we do seemed so pointless...

The optimistic approach could be found in Tom Hanks'es words: "From now on we live in a world where man has walked on the Moon. It's not a miracle; we just decided to go. "

Hope this can inspire you to just decide and do something. Something that you have been too scared to do before; something that you'd love to do, but never find time for; something that would make you happy; something that would put a smile on one's face, if just for a moment...

No comments: