Friday 27 August 2010

Holiday Photos Part 1 - COAST


Location: Schleswig-Holstein, Germany.

We’ve been to the same spot for about 3 or 4 times, but it still interests me. Maybe it’s because they have tides, that make the sea water somehow disappear from under your feet, maybe it’s because the beach has no sand, just grass with lots of sheep on it… Well, everything’s so different to where I come from, although we live just round the corner, so to speak. (22 hours on a ferry, that travels at about 40km per hour and you’re in another world.)

This year I didn’t take many photos, but they can still be divided into a few sections. I’m starting with COAST, inspired by an English TV series that grabbed my attention this summer.

(COAST - BBC documentary that covers various subjects relating to both the natural and social history of the British and Northern Irish coastline and also more recently that of the Republic of Ireland, Norway, Faeroe Islands and France)

How not to get tangled in the Kieler Bucht?


Not sure what that is, probably a sponge of some sort that we don't get in the Baltic.

And this was a spectacular sunset on a nice August evening.

I haven't got a clue what that sign says, but I think the sea gulls weren't worried at all.

Sheep on the beach and lots of wind turbines in the background; that's how I remember the German coast.

That's so cozy and romantic, just shame about the water - what if someone decides to go for a swim?

The same sunset and a nice company that reminds me of my childhood - the four of them seem to be plotting something and of course having fun.

More sheep on the beach!

Where the sea once was... Looking for shells? Or sea water?

No comments: