Wednesday 10 December 2008

Seeing Betty – Probably the Only One Experience in My Life

Just came back from my short trip to the UK and I can’t believe I managed to squeeze so much in! Everyone is waiting for Christmas and I feel that I’ve already received all of my presents… Don’t get me wrong, I’m not disappointed; it’s just weird that one month can bring so much excitement – huge museums and galleries, ice skating rinks, colourful flowers in December and hot chocolate… weird personalities, Indian food, little markets and her Majesty Elizabeth II! It’s so different to what we get living in Lithuania, that I just need more time for getting back to my normal life…

Meanwhile I’m presenting a few photos that I was lucky to take on the 3rd of December 2008.

A short explanation: before going to the UK I did some research on the internet and gathered lots of information of what it would be interesting to see in London. One of the things on the list was changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace; I even found a website where you can check their schedule - http://www.changing-the-guard.com/sched.htm and decided that we’d do this on the 3rd of December. But I never dreamt I’d see Betty! Anyway, it turned out that everyone was getting ready for the annual event – State Opening of Parliament*. There was no way I was going to miss that! So I joined the crowd and got my camera ready.

Believe it or not, but that's Her Majesty's husband Philip and the Queen herself, hiding behind him!


State Opening of Parliament - please click on the link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Opening_of_Parliament

3 comments:

carolyn said...

The changing of the guard is wonderful, you were so lucky to be around for the opening of Parliament. Great shot of the HRH's.

Kristina said...

Thank you so much, Carolyn! I think you are my one and only blog reader :)

Out for Lunch said...

Out of interest where did you get you water mark, is it free software. BTW love the photo's, haven't read it yet but will.

Cheers Kel