Thursday 8 January 2009

Around Europe Without Leaving Your House

Inspired by one famous blogger's ideas* I decided to add one more thing to my 2009 resolutions. Well, it will actually combine two resolutions - reading more and travelling more.

This year I'm going to take a virtual trip around Europe and it will be done reading at least one book written by a writer of each European country. I think that it will be exciting to find out more about these countries in such an unusual way.


You are welcome to participate either by advising me on what to read or joining in and travelling along. Just copy the list of countries given below and start researching. I hope you will enjoy it and share your expierence with me.

I'm not sure that I will even manage to find books from all of these countries that would be translated into Lithuanian or English (these are the languages that I read in), but I guess it's worth a try. I'm ashamed, but I have to admit that I don't remember reading anything that would be written by our closest neighbours -Latvians or Estonians, I haven't got a clue what they would write about... So I think that it's high time to enlarge my knowledge in literature and geography.

Anyway, I'm off to read...

Albania
Andora
Austria
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Kazakhstan
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukrain
United Kingdom
Vatican City

* The blog that inspired me can be found here: http://www.ihanna.nu/blog/?p=946 (In 2008 Hanna participated in her Daily Art Card project, for 2009 she has arranged a Daily Poetry challenge.)

No comments: